PI-Medical Ltd received a EUROSTARS grant. The project started in November 2011 and will run for 2 years.
The goal of the project is to develop an innovative application for pre-planning of brachytherapy procedure with a radiobiological optimizer. In addition, we develop an evaluation tool for brachytherapy plans as well as an inverse planning system based on radiobiological optimization.
The new product will integrate our existing organ-specific solutions (i.e. OcP & OcG) and furthermore will integrate:
- Advanced rabiobiological optimizer for dose calculation and needle placement
- Inverse planning based on radiobiological models
- Organ library with radiobiology models and model parameters
- Radiobiology based evaluation tools
- Handling of multiple imaging information resulting from CT, MRI and 2D & 3D U/S as well as any combination of those in a framework of multi-modal imaging
Technological Educational Institute of Athens – www.teiath.gr